Monday, March 3, 2008

Thing 5: More fun with Flickr

Thing 5 of the 23 Things on a Stick is to play with various image mashups.

I admit this is a harder one for me: I'm not a primarily visual learner/doer, and while I enjoy playing around with certain kinds of image manipulations, I'm not usually in the 'click around just for fun' school on them. (And they're not the first thing I think of in the work world, either!

But I do like seeing how they work. Here's 'Hypatia' done in public flickr images.

h Y P A "T"imes Square i A

How would I use these? The color picker images are fantastic for some kinds of discussions in art classes, but I could also see them being fun for ideas for displays. And things like the 'spell with flickr' might be interesting for an image for a display header. I have to think about this one more.

No comments: